The Bennett Difference
Updated: Dec 18, 2019
It was a typical Monday morning of weeding the inbox. A note caught my eye because it wasn’t marked “urgent.” It was a short note from a relocation management company asking a familiar, straightforward question:
“What makes a Bennett International education consulting service different from the school finding service that a DSP provides?”
A good question, with many pieces. At Bennett, our focus is on only one part of the relocation: the education of children.
· We are former teachers and education experts; education is what we do and what we’re all about.
· We provide curricular counseling along with placement support; school systems around the world are hugely different and getting the schooling right for a relocating child is like doing a jigsaw puzzle, and a force fit is not a fit. Education planning and counseling are built into all our education services.
· As teachers and education researchers, we can compare & discuss curricula with families–the new system a child is entering into is going to be different from their home country system in terms of the structure, content and culture.
· We can advocate for a family and liaise with schools professionally, as colleagues; we know schools and school culture, we speak school.
· Our service is not limited by time; education decisions are often slow, and the structure of our service allows for extended support of a family, often over many months. Bennett is finished with the job only when the job is done.
· We look down the road & prepare families for future relocations and repatriations; we consider the school system they’re moving into and also their home-country system to ensure that kids can go home again.
These are just a few of the things, off the top of my head, that distinguish a Bennett service from a logistically-oriented school-finding service. There are many other things too, so please give us a call or drop us a line, and we’d be delighted to answer any other questions you might have.
Last and not leastly, we have a real appreciation for destination service providers & all they do so well; Bennett provides a perfect complement to their services, and we tip our hats to them.
With best wishes,
The Bennett Team